10, 15, & 26 Gallon Used Whiskey Barrels
10, 15, & 26 Gallon Used Whiskey Barrels
Fantastic whiskey, and fantastic barrels... That's what I have to say about our friends over at Tuthilltown Distillery, the producers of some fantastic whiskies!
Check out these beautiful 10 & 15-gallon Used Whiskey barrels.. While these barrels are no longer suitable for aging, they are a convenient and fun size to use for furniture, decoration, or any other DIY project you can dream up.
We only have a handful of them, and they are sure to go FAST!
A perfect decor item for you porch, patio, or end table inside! Heck, we've even had customers make bird houses out of them!
Endless ideas and possibilities!
✔️Tight hoops/bands - The hoops or metal bands on the barrel can become loose or fall off over time. We inspect each barrel to ensure the barrels are well secured to the barrel.
✔️Flat Heads - We inspect each barrel to ensure it has a flat head, so you can rest a drink, food or decoration right on top of the barrel.
✔️No major cracks or damage - We inspect each barrel to ensure there are no major cracks, damage, or stains that would interrupt the aesthetics or functionality of the barrel.
✔️Beautiful appearance - We ensure the barrel looks beautiful and meets or exceeds the barrel appearances shown in our photos.
✔️The metal bands around the barrels or "Hoops" are tightly-secured
✔️It is previously used for maturation only (not beer or other products that could produce a foul odor).
✔️We have over 50 5-star reviews!
✔️We have unbeatable delivery and flat-rate shipping options!
10 gallon barrels
- Height: 23.5"
- Diameter (Belly): 15"
- Diameter (head): 12.5"
- Weight: 45-50 lbs.
15 gallon barrels
- Height: 25"
- Diameter (Belly): 17"
- Diameter (head): 15"
- Weight: 55-60 lbs.
26 gallon barrels
- Height: 29"
- Diameter (Belly): 20"
- Diameter (head): 16.5"
- Weight: 70 lbs.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 10 AND 15 GALLON BARRELS?
- The barrels have slight differences in size and volume. However, from an asthetic perspective, the main difference is the 10's are a bit lighter, and the 15's are a bit darker and more rustic.
- The 10 gallon barrels also have the silver galvanized hoops. The 15 gallons have the darker more rustic hoops.
CAN I LEAVE THE BARRELS OUTSIDE?
- Absolutely! All of our barrels are manufactured from solid white oak. Oak is naturally a very moisture and rot resistant wood.
- As with most wooden furniture, decks, or siding, wood tends to 'gray' over time if left unprotected. For barrels, this is often a desired appearance.
- If you prefer the barrel to retain a lighter appearance, I would recommend coating the barrel in an exterior-grade polyurethane or oiling the barrel to help it resist moisture.
CAN I REFURBISH A BARREL MYSELF?
- Definitely! It's hard work, but a beautiful end product.
- In fact, check out our 4-part DIY Series at the link below:
CAN YOU REFURBISH THE BARREL FOR US?
- Yes, again! Below is the link to our full sized refurbished whiskey and wine barrels:
IS THERE ANYTHING WE NEED TO DO TO THE BARREL ONCE WE GET IT?
- Here are a few recommendations:
- 1. As described, the barrels are recently dumped from the distilleries. Sometimes the barrels even have a tiny bit of whiskey left inside! To avoid getting the floors wet, you want to ensure that the barrel is not showing any signs of moisture or dripping from the bottom.
- 2. Consider cleaning the bottom of the barrel to remove any surface dirt. Also, consider putting a small rug underneath the barrel to further protect your floors.
- 3. Dry indoor air can often dry out a barrel. This can result in the barrel hoops/bands loosening and sometimes shifting or falling. We recommend securing each hoop to the barrel using sheet metal screws, or drilling a hole and adding a wood screw or nail. 3 fasteners per hoop should do the trick!
- Check out Part 4 of our DIY video showing the process we use for securing the hoops to the barrel.
We have 3 shipping/delivery options:
- Scheduled pickup at our shop in Springdale, PA (just north of Pittsburgh, PA)
- Regional Delivery - We run our own delivery trucks and delivery routes according to the delivery schedule.
- FREE delivery for orders over $325; only $75 delivery fee otherwise
- Flat Rate Shipping - We ship via UPS and various freight carriers.
- ONLY $25 shipping per barrel to anywhere in the lower 48 states!
WHAT MAKES MYSTIC BARRELS UNIQUE
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US!
I searched for barrels for my daughters wedding all over the place! The shipping, most of the time, was more than the barrel itself. This company was quick to answer my emails and the shipping was FAST, friendly and affordable! The barrels are fantastic we love them! Great local company!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome customer service and great barrels. Mike was very very quick to respond to my email and a pleasure to work with.
Do not waste your time researching another company - this one is top notch
Thank you mike !
Oh my gosh...your barrels were sitting on my front porch when I got home this evening. You truly made my day! Thank you again for everything...you have been amazing to work with and this is the best $400 I have spend in years! I am so happy!!