Whiskey and Wine Barrel Planters
Whiskey and Wine Barrel Planters
No barrel store would be complete without the almost-famous barrel planters!
Crafted from our very own authentic whiskey and wine barrels, these barrel planters are ready to greet family and friends on the patio of your home, or welcome customers at your entrance of your business!
The Mystic Differences:
1. For starters, these are genuine, authentic, used oak barrels from California Wineries, and Kentucky Distilleries. Many box stores are moving towards selling 'look-alike' barrel planters...
Not here! These are the real deal.
2. Many barrel planters will fall apart over time. The metal hoops/bands will come loose and fall to the ground. The wooden staves are then left unsupported and eventually loosen or crack.
This won't happen to your Mystic Barrels Planters! We go the extra step to secure each barrel hoop to the staves. This ensures longevity and structural stability of your barrel planters for years to come!
Whiskey or wine?
Aesthetically, you will find the whiskey barrels to be rustic, and the wine barrels to be cleaner and lighter in appearance.
Dimensionally, the planters are pretty darn close. So, the choice comes down to personal preference on the appearance, or maybe just whether you like whiskey or wine more!
- Height: 17-18" tall
- Diameter: 26-28"
- Weight: 60-70 lbs.
- Origin: Various distilleries and wineries
WOW, BARREL PLANTERS REQUIRE A LOT OF DIRT TO FILL UP. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?
- In fact, yes! One great tip we've learned is to add mulch first as a filer! I've also heard packing peanut work great.
- Use the mulch/peanuts to fill up the bottom of the barrel, and then add your few inches of top soil at the top for the flowers.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE USED WHISKEY AND USED WINE BARREL PLANTERS?
- Rest assured - these barrels are the REAL DEAL! Not the replica planters at large box stores.
- When deciding between whether to use whiskey or wine planters, the decision typically comes down to your preference on appearance, or simply your preference for whiskey or wine as a beverage!
- The whiskey barrels inherently have a more rustic character and appeal. The wine barrels retain a cleaner, lighter, and newer look, and often have light red wine stains throughout.
- Either way, you can't go wrong!
HOW LONG WILL THE PLANTERS LAST?
- The most common thing you will see with barrel planters is the hoops start to loosen and fall over time...
- Not with your Mystic Barrels Planters! We go the extra step to fasten each barrel hoop to the barrel to ensure they stay structurally sound and continue to look great for years to come!
- Oak wood, which is what all of the barrels is made of, is a very rot and weather resistant wood. That is why real barrels work so well for planters!
ARE THERE DRAIN HOLES IN THE BOTTOM?
- Because of different requirement for different plants, and the ease of adding them yourself, we do not add holes to the bottom unless the customer asks us to.
- To add drainage holes, simply use a drill and ~1/2 inch drill bit to drill through the bottom of the barrel in as many locations as you deem necessary.
- If you would like us to add the drainage holes, simply make note of it in the "Special Requests" section in the cart at checkout.
We have 3 shipping/delivery options:
- Scheduled pickup at our shop in Springdale, PA (just north of Pittsburgh, PA)
- Regional Delivery - We run our own delivery trucks and delivery routes according to the delivery schedule.
- FREE regional delivery for orders over $325. ONLY $75 delivery otherwise.
- Flat Rate Shipping - We ship via UPS and various freight carriers.
- $40 per planter
WHAT MAKES MYSTIC BARRELS UNIQUE
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US!
I searched for barrels for my daughters wedding all over the place! The shipping, most of the time, was more than the barrel itself. This company was quick to answer my emails and the shipping was FAST, friendly and affordable! The barrels are fantastic we love them! Great local company!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome customer service and great barrels. Mike was very very quick to respond to my email and a pleasure to work with.
Do not waste your time researching another company - this one is top notch
Thank you mike !
Oh my gosh...your barrels were sitting on my front porch when I got home this evening. You truly made my day! Thank you again for everything...you have been amazing to work with and this is the best $400 I have spend in years! I am so happy!!