Authentic Bourbon Whiskey Barrels (53 Gallons, Used)
Authentic Bourbon Whiskey Barrels (53 Gallons, Used)
Used barrels are some of the most unique and versatile products around.
Every day, more and more customers are adding these barrels to their home, patio, game room, mancaves, restaurants, beer gardens, and weddings! You name it!
Our most recent batch of whiskey barrels spent their first life aging Bourbon at Heaven Hill distillery. After that, they took a quick pit stop at a few different breweries barrel-aging some tasty beer to perfection, before landing here at Mystic Barrels!
Shopping for whiskey barrels isn't something most of our customers do very often, maybe never before! We follow a certain criterion that we look for when sourcing barrels for our customers to ensure they are the perfect fit for you!
✔️Our barrels are authentic, genuine used whiskey barrels>
✔️We retain that highly sought-after rustic appeal
✔️Our barrels have at least one nice flat barrel head to use as the 'top'
✔️There are NO major cracks or other damages
✔️It is freshly-dumped, which ensures the barrel is structurally sound
✔️The metal bands around the barrels or "Hoops" are tightly-secured
✔️It is liquid-tight, perfect for rain barrels!
✔️We have over 120 5-star reviews!
✔️We have unbeatable delivery and flat-rate shipping options!
- Height: 35"
- Diameter (Belly): 26"
- Diameter (head): 22"
- Capacity: 53 gallons
- Weight: 125 lbs.
- Origin: Various distilleries
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE USED WHISKEY AND USED WINE BARRELS? WHICH IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME?
- Both whiskey and wine barrels can be used in all of the same ways, and for all of the same DIY projects!
- When deciding between the two, the decision typically comes down to your preference on appearance, or simply your preference for whiskey or wine as a beverage!
- The whiskey barrels inherently have a more rustic character and appeal. The wine barrels retain a cleaner, lighter, and newer look, and often have light red wine stains throughout.
- Either way, you can't go wrong!
- Some of the barrels do have a stamp on the barrelhead; others do not. We prioritize the quality of the barrel over finding barrels with particular stamps.
- If you require a stamp, reach out and we can likely help you out!
- Absolutely! As with most wooden furniture, decks, or siding, wood tends to 'gray' over time if left unprotected. For barrels, this is often a desired appearance.
- If you prefer the barrel to retain a darker appearance, I would recommend coating the barrel in an exterior-grade polyurethane.
- Yes! All of our whiskey barrels are freshly dumped and liquid-tight.
- Every year, we have a countless number of customers who use the whiskey barrels to make rain barrels and other projects that require the barrel to hold liquid.
- The key to keeping the barrel liquid-tight is to keep some liquid in the barrel at all times. If you let the barrel dry out for an extended period of time, it may lose its seal and need to be 'rehydrated' to reseal.
- Definitely! It's hard work, but a beautiful end product.
- In fact, check out our 4-part DIY Series at the link below:
- Yes, again! Below is the link to our refurbished whiskey and wine barrels:
- If locating a used barrel indoors, here are a few recommendations:
- 1. As described, the barrels are recently dumped from the distillery. Sometimes the barrels even have a tiny bit of whiskey left inside! To avoid staining any floors, you want to ensure that the barrel is not showing any signs of moisture or dripping from the bottom.
- 2. Consider cleaning the bottom of the barrel to remove any surface dirt. Also, consider putting a small rug underneath the barrel to further protect your floors.
- 3. Dry indoor air can often dry out a barrel. This can result in the barrel hoops/bands loosening and sometimes shifting or falling. We recommend securing each hoop to the barrel using sheet metal screws, or drilling a hole and adding a wood screw or nail. 3 fasteners per hoop should do the trick!
- Here is a DIY video showing the process we use for securing the hoops to the barrel.
We have 3 shipping/delivery options:
- Scheduled pickup at our shop in Springdale, PA (just north of Pittsburgh, PA)
- Regional Delivery - We run our own delivery trucks and delivery routes according to the delivery schedule.
- FREE delivery for orders over $325; only $75 delivery fee otherwise
- Flat Rate Shipping - We ship via UPS and various freight carriers.
- $125 for 1 barrel
- $85/barrel for 2 barrels
- $65/barrel for 3 or more!
WHAT MAKES MYSTIC BARRELS UNIQUE
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US!
I searched for barrels for my daughters wedding all over the place! The shipping, most of the time, was more than the barrel itself. This company was quick to answer my emails and the shipping was FAST, friendly and affordable! The barrels are fantastic we love them! Great local company!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome customer service and great barrels. Mike was very very quick to respond to my email and a pleasure to work with.
Do not waste your time researching another company - this one is top notch
Thank you mike !
Oh my gosh...your barrels were sitting on my front porch when I got home this evening. You truly made my day! Thank you again for everything...you have been amazing to work with and this is the best $400 I have spend in years! I am so happy!!