Authentic Bourbon Whiskey Barrels (53 Gallons, Used)
Authentic Bourbon Whiskey Barrels (53 Gallons, Used)
Authentic Bourbon Whiskey Barrels
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - "The Barrels are great, just what we were looking for! We have them at each end of our shuffle board table to put food and drinks on. Price and delivery were very reasonable compared to others on the net. Highly recommend!" - Kurt F (Verified Buyer)
Used barrels really are some of the most unique and versatile products around.
Customers are adding these barrels to their home, patio, game room, restaurant, beer garden, wedding, you name it!
Well, I used to be a tree, you know?? An American Oak Tree, they called me.
- Maybe I'll be turned into a planter; a barrel table for a home bar; a bathroom vanity; a coffee table; a barrel trash can; a whiskey bottle cabinet. Who knows!
- Or many someone will keep me just the way I am and put me on their deck or porch. Maybe I'll even have the honor of being at someone's wedding or reception!
Head on over to the "Frequently Asked Questions" tab to learn more!
Questions? Give us a shout!
Please Note: Each and every used barrel is unique and full of its own character. As such, please know that there inherently is slight variations in the appearance and construction of each barrel. Contact us with any questions!
Frequently Asked Questions
What quality criteria does Mystic Barrels look for when buying and selling used whiskey barrels?
When we go shopping for truckloads of whiskey and wine barrels, we look for 3 primary things:
Do the barrels have distillery markings on them?
Some of the barrels do have a stamp on the barrel head; other do not. We prioritize the quality of the barrel according to the criteria above over finding barrels with particular stamps.
If you require a stamp, reach out and we can likely help you out!
What is the difference between the used whiskey and used wine barrels? Which should I buy?
Can I leave the whiskey barrels outside?
Absolutely! As with most wooden furniture, decks, or siding, wood tends to 'gray' over time if left unprotected. For barrels, this is often a desired appearance.
If you prefer the barrel to retain a darker appearance, I would recommend coating the barrel in an exterior grade polyurethane.
Will the barrel hold liquid?
Yes! All of our whiskey barrels are freshly dumped and liquid tight.
Every year, we have a countless number of customers use the whiskey barrels to make rain barrels and other projects that require the barrel to hold liquid.
The key to keeping the barrel liquid tight is to keep some liquid in the barrel at all times. If you let the barrel dry out for an extended period of time, it may lose its seal and need to be 'rehydrated' to reseal.
Can I refurbish a barrel myself?
Definitely! Its hard work, but a beautiful end product.
In fact, check out our 4-part DIY Series at the link below:
Can you refurbish the barrel for us?
Yes, again! Below is the link to our refurbished whiskey and wine barrels:
Is there anything we need to do to the barrel once we get it?
If locating a used barrel indoors, here a few recommendations:
1. As described, the barrels are recently dumped from the distillery. Sometimes the barrels even have a tiny bit of whiskey left inside! To avoid staining any floors, you want to ensure that the barrel is not showing any signs of moisture or dripping from the bottom.
2. Consider cleaning the bottom of the barrel to remove any surface dirt. Also consider putting a small rug underneath the barrel to further protect your floors.
3. Dry indoor air can often dry out a barrel. This can result in the barrel hoops/bands loosening and sometime shifting or falling. We would recommend securing each hoop to the barrel using sheet metal screws, or drilling a hole and adding a wood screw or nail. 3 fasteners per hoops should do the trick!
We strive to make the barrel purchasing processes as easy and cost-effective as possible! Choose 1 of 3 options:
1. Scheduled pick-up at Mystic Barrels in Pittsburgh, PA
2. Regional Delivery
- FREE Delivery for orders of $325 or more.
- $50 delivery for orders less than $325.
We run our own trucks on a weekly rotation delivering orders to customers.
By doing this, we are able to get you the best possible prices for barrels and furniture. This service also affords us the opportunity to ensure safe delivery of the barrels and furniture, and ensure your satisfaction!
Please allow 2-4 week lead time, depending on where we are in our delivery rotation. Need a more accurate estimate? Just give us a call, email, text, or instant message!
3. UPS/FedEx Shipping
For customers that need the barrels sooner than we can deliver, OR for customers outside our delivery zone, we have very competitive flat-rate freight shipping rates available.
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US!
I searched for barrels for my daughters wedding all over the place! The shipping, most of the time, was more than the barrel itself. This company was quick to answer my emails and the shipping was FAST, friendly and affordable! The barrels are fantastic we love them! Great local company!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome customer service and great barrels. Mike was very very quick to respond to my email and a pleasure to work with.
Do not waste your time researching another company - this one is top notch
Thank you mike !
Oh my gosh...your barrels were sitting on my front porch when I got home this evening. You truly made my day! Thank you again for everything...you have been amazing to work with and this is the best $400 I have spend in years! I am so happy!!