High-Quality Napa Valley Wine Barrels (59 Gallons, Used)
High-Quality Napa Valley Wine Barrels (59 Gallons, Used)
These barrels come to us from the beautiful Napa Valley California region. Wine barrels are only used to mature a few batches of wine. After that, there is little flavor left for the barrel to impart into the wine. So the barrels are retired from the wineries...
At that point, Mystic Barrels swoops in and picks out the highest-quality, best-looking, used wine barrels available! We have them loaded up on a train to be shipped cross-country to us here at Mystic Barrels. They are always in stock here and ready for you!
Customers are adding these barrels to their home, patio, game room, restaurant, wedding venue, you name it!
Many customers leave these barrels just the way they are, using them for decoration, displays, and tables.
Others use the barrels for DIY projects, such as creating barrel planters, refurbished tables, wine cabinets, bathroom vanities and everything in-between.
✔️Tight hoops/bands - The hoops or metal bands on the barrel can become loose or fall off over time. We inspect each barrel to ensure the barrels are well secured to the barrel.
✔️Flat Heads - We inspect each barrel to ensure it has a flat head, so you can rest a drink, food or decoration right on top of the barrel.
✔️No major cracks or damage - We inspect each barrel to ensure there are no major cracks, damage, or stains that would interrupt the aesthetics or functionality of the barrel.
✔️Beautiful appearance - We ensure the barrel looks beautiful and meets or exceeds the barrel appearances shown in our photos.
✔️It is freshly-dumped, which ensures the barrel is structurally sound
✔️The metal bands around the barrels or "Hoops" are tightly-secured
✔️It is previously used for maturation only (not beer or other products that could produce a foul odor).
✔️We have over 60 5-star reviews!
✔️We have unbeatable delivery and flat-rate shipping options!
- Height: 35"
- Diameter (Belly): 28"
- Diameter (head): 24"
- Capacity: 59-63 gallons
- Weight: 135 lbs.
- Origin: Various Napa Valley Wineries
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE USED WHISKEY AND USED WINE BARRELS? WHICH IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME?
- Both whiskey and wine barrels can be used in all of the same ways, and for all of the same DIY projects!
- When deciding between the two, the decision typically comes down to your preference on appearance, or simply your preference for whiskey or wine as a beverage!
- The whiskey barrels inherently have a more rustic character and appeal. The wine barrels retain a cleaner, lighter, and newer look, and often have light red wine stains throughout.
- Either way, you can't go wrong!
DO THE BARRELS HAVE WINERY MARKINGS ON THEM?
- Some of the barrels do have a stamp on the barrel heads; others do not. With wine barrels, often times it is the original barrel cooperage insignia instead of the winery logo.
- To be honest, we strongly prioritize the quality of the barrel over finding barrels with particular stamps.
CAN I LEAVE THE WINE BARRELS OUTSIDE?
- Absolutely! All of our barrels are manufactured from solid white oak. Oak is naturally a very moisture and rot resistant wood.
- As with most wooden furniture, decks, or siding, wood tends to 'gray' over time if left unprotected. For barrels, this is often a desired appearance.
- If you prefer the barrel to retain a lighter appearance, I would recommend coating the barrel in an exterior-grade polyurethane or oiling the barrel to help it resist moisture.
WILL THE BARREL HOLD LIQUID?
- A barrel seals by the wood of the barrel being absorbed with moisture from the liquid within it. As a barrel dries, it may lose its seal.
- However, all of our barrels are recently dumped, and free of any defects that would otherwise cause them to leak. So, that wood is still relatively hydrated. The barrel may leak when first filled, but will reabsorb the moisutre and should reseal within days.
- Every year, we have a countless number of customers who use the wine barrels to make rain barrels and other projects that require the barrel to hold liquid.
- The key to keeping the barrel liquid-tight is to keep some liquid in the barrel at all times. If you let the barrel dry out for an extended period of time, it may lose its seal and need to be 'rehydrated' to reseal.
CAN I REFURBISH A BARREL MYSELF?
- Definitely! It's hard work, but a beautiful end product.
- In fact, check out our 4-part DIY Series at the link below:
CAN YOU REFURBISH THE BARREL FOR US?
- Yes, again! Below is the link to our refurbished whiskey and wine barrels:
IS THERE ANYTHING WE NEED TO DO TO THE BARREL ONCE WE GET IT?
- Here are a few recommendations:
- 1. As described, the barrels are recently dumped from the wineries. Sometimes the barrels even have a tiny bit of whiskey left inside! To avoid getting the floors wet, you want to ensure that the barrel is not showing any signs of moisture or dripping from the bottom.
- 2. Consider cleaning the bottom of the barrel to remove any surface dirt. Also, consider putting a small rug underneath the barrel to further protect your floors.
- 3. Dry indoor air can often dry out a barrel. This can result in the barrel hoops/bands loosening and sometimes shifting or falling. We recommend securing each hoop to the barrel using sheet metal screws, or drilling a hole and adding a wood screw or nail. 3 fasteners per hoop should do the trick!
- Check out Part 4 of our DIY video showing the process we use for securing the hoops to the barrel.
We have 3 shipping/delivery options:
- Scheduled pickup at our shop in Springdale, PA (just north of Pittsburgh, PA)
- Regional Delivery - We run our own delivery trucks and delivery routes according to the delivery schedule.
- FREE delivery for orders over $325; only $75 delivery fee otherwise
- Flat Rate Shipping - We ship via UPS and various freight carriers.
- $125 for 1 barrel
- $85/barrel for 2 barrels
- $65/barrel for 3 or more!
WHAT MAKES MYSTIC BARRELS UNIQUE
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US!
I searched for barrels for my daughters wedding all over the place! The shipping, most of the time, was more than the barrel itself. This company was quick to answer my emails and the shipping was FAST, friendly and affordable! The barrels are fantastic we love them! Great local company!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome customer service and great barrels. Mike was very very quick to respond to my email and a pleasure to work with.
Do not waste your time researching another company - this one is top notch
Thank you mike !
Oh my gosh...your barrels were sitting on my front porch when I got home this evening. You truly made my day! Thank you again for everything...you have been amazing to work with and this is the best $400 I have spend in years! I am so happy!!