High-Quality Napa Valley Wine Barrels (59 Gallons, Used)
High-Quality Napa Valley Wine Barrels (59 Gallons, Used)
High-Quality Napa Valley Wine Barrels
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - "I ordered a used wine barrel from Mystic Barrels... Much to my surprise it was much nicer than barrels that I had seen for more than twice the price. I would definitely purchase again from Mystic Barrels and would recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a used wine barrel. The communication and service were first class." - Dave F. (Verified Buyer)
Current Wine Barrel Options:
1. Red Wine Stained Belly vs. Not-Stained
Some wineries stain the center section of their red wine barrels with the color of the wine. That way, if any wine spills on the barrel when filling or emptying, no one will know!
The majority of the barrels we have on hand have these beautiful deep maroon stains. They are a really unique and beautiful barrels!
We also have unstained barrels as well if that is your preference!
2. Silver vs. Black vs. Wood Hoops/Bands
Another unique option for you to consider are the different hoop/band/ring options.
In addition to the traditional silver (galvanized) hoops, we have some wine barrels with black hoops, and some with wood hoops.
Feel free to click through the photos to see all of these great options!
Used barrels really are some of the most unique and versatile products around.
Customers are adding these wine barrels to their home, patio, game room, restaurant, beer garden, you name it!
The perfect barrels for any idea or project!
Here are the wine barrel specs:
Questions? Give us a shout!
Please Note: Each and every used barrel is unique and full of its own character. As such, please know that there inherently is slight variations in the appearance and construction of each barrel. Contact us with any questions!
When purchasing a used barrel, should I choose a whiskey or wine barrel?
What does Mystic Barrels look for when sourcing whiskey and wine barrels?
Used barrels are available in all sorts of different conditions. We have established strict criteria for the barrels we source and make available to you. The barrels must meet the following criteria:
1. Flat Heads - Many customers use the barrels as décor, tables, to put drinks or flower pots on, or to use in their own DIY project. Having flat heads is important for all of these cases. Therefore, we search far and wide to find barrels that have flat heads, and conduct additional sorting to ensure the barrels you receive are well suited for your application.
2. No major cracks or defects - As you can imagine, barrels are put through a lot of rough handling, storage conditions, and transportation scenarios over the course of their life. Any of these stages can damage a barrel. We ensure the barrels you get are free from any major cracks or defects that would interrupt the barrel's usefulness for your home, business, event, or project.
3. Freshly dumped barrels - A barrel seals itself by using the moisture of the product inside to expand the wood against the barrel hoops, and tighten the staves and head of the barrel against each other. Once the product is removed, the wood of the barrel can dissipate some of that moisture content.
Is there anything I need to do to the barrel once I receive it?
If purchasing any furniture pieces, then nope, you should be all set!
If purchasing a used barrel, you may want to consider securing the hoops to the barrel. Over time the wood of the barrel may dry out if placed in an area with low humidity, causing the hoops to loosen. To maintain the structural integrity of the barrel for years to come, we would recommend adding 3 or 4 screws through each of the metal hoops/bands around the barrel and into the wood of the staves.
1. Use self-tapping sheet-metal screws to drill through the hoops and into the barrel.
2. Use a drill bit to drill a hole through the hoops. Use a nail or wood screw to secure the hoop to the barrel.
Prefer to receive your used barrel with the hoops already fastened? No problem! Just contact us, and for a small fee, we will take care of it!
Can I leave the barrel outside?
Like any wood or wood furniture, rain, snow, and other moisture can decay wood if left unprotected. If leaving the barrel outside, we would recommend keeping it under cover.
To add further product, consider coating the barrel in an exterior-grade polyurethane every year or two.
How do you clean or refinish a barrel?
Some customers prefer to keep the barrels just the way they are, embracing their naturally rustic or refined appearance. Others prefer to clean up and stain their barrels, or use for countless other DIY projects. These barrels are perfect for either application!
Depending on the look you are going for, you can give the barrel a basic clean with a hose or pressure washer. Some deck-cleaner works well to remove some surface stains. To really get down to fresh wood, using a belt sander is really the way to go. After sanding, choose your favorite stain and sealer and you'll be good to go!
Any other questions, please feel free to contact us!
Call or text: 412-275-0542
Send me an instant message on the website messenger!
We strive to make the barrel purchasing processes as easy and cost-effective as possible! Choose 1 of 3 options:
1. Scheduled pick-up at Mystic Barrels in Pittsburgh, PA
2. Regional Delivery
- FREE Delivery for orders of $325 or more.
- $50 delivery for orders less than $325.
We run our own trucks on a weekly rotation delivering orders to customers.
By doing this, we are able to get you the best possible prices for barrels and furniture. This service also affords us the opportunity to ensure safe delivery of the barrels and furniture, and ensure your satisfaction!
Please allow 2-4 week lead time, depending on where we are in our delivery rotation. Need a more accurate estimate? Just give us a call, email, text, or instant message!
3. UPS Shipping
For customers that need the barrels sooner than we can deliver, OR for customers outside our delivery zone, we have very competitive flat-rate freight shipping rates available. Rates are calculated at checkout.
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE TO SAY ABOUT US!
I searched for barrels for my daughters wedding all over the place! The shipping, most of the time, was more than the barrel itself. This company was quick to answer my emails and the shipping was FAST, friendly and affordable! The barrels are fantastic we love them! Great local company!! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE GUYS, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Awesome customer service and great barrels. Mike was very very quick to respond to my email and a pleasure to work with.
Do not waste your time researching another company - this one is top notch
Thank you mike !
Mike and his wife were both very nice and accommodating with availability for pick up. Easy to get ahold of and work with. Whisky barrels are perfect for any rustic theme project! Using them for a bar for my wedding! Fair price as well!